Monday, July 25, 2011

week in photos #005






001. Muddy paths and well worn boots. Next time I go trekking I'm investing in some hiking boots, althought wellies would have been a good choice as J and I stumbled upon a swamp that borders the beach. Did not know that was there until we got to the top of a very high dune.

002. Updated my ipod with new music and deleted some of the songs/bands I always skip. The Airborne Toxic Event is being rotated heavily, along with Mona and Two Door Cinema Club. Still need more music, but haven't heard any new bands that hold my attention. I'm open for suggestions!

003. If you look in the corner you can see a little crab, kind of blends in with the rest of the inside, but I can assure you it is there and it freaked me out. I feel really bad about it as I thought it was full of water and sand, so I pried it open only to find whatever it is still in there with said crab. Refused to touch it after that, and because that was one active crab and I was terrified it would climb out on me.

004. Gorged myself on peanut M&Ms this week. They served as my lunch a couple of days when I was too lazy to have anything else. Really need to cut back on the chocolate, don't usually eat it much, but this week I feel like I haven't stopped.

005. View of the beach from the top of a dune. Climbing dunes is hard work and my legs were shattered after. J loves stuff like that, being all "at one with nature", I on the other hand grew up in the country and have a serious dislike for that. Got it out of my system when I was a child, now I'll take a city adventure over hiking any day.

005. We found a flag on a pole on top of the dune, which is the whole reason we climbed up there...and to get down to the beach and away from the swamp. Don't know who put it up, but it was rather tall and impressive in person.

007. As well as a beach and swamp there was also a lovely wooded area at Spencer Park. I wish wish wish I had a size comparison for this, it was bloody massive! Probably the size of my hand or larger.

Rather boring week, it was all work and one day at the beach. I find it odd that a week ago I was frolicking on a beach and today I'm sat wrapped in two blankets with the heater on as high as it will go, wearing 2 scarves, a woolie hat, and a dressing gown and there is a good covering of snow outside. The mind boggles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely pics, your blog is really nice :) xxx

http://wardrobeunderconstruction.blogspot.com/

ashley said...

thank you! so is yours!

Post a Comment