Thursday, July 7, 2011

shopping haul: dress smart







Dress Smart is, hands down, my favourite place to shop in Christchurch. Clearance stores that usually have fantastic sales is a winner in my book. Some of the shops are still on the pricey side, while others have racks upon racks of $5 items.

I mentioned in my previous post that I went after a shopping fail at Postie Plus. I had good intentions I swear! I wasn't going to go anywhere but Bling, and I promised J that I wouldn't do any clothes shopping. Technically I didn't do clothes shopping as all my things are accessories, but he didn't see it from my pov.

I went in and headed straight for Bling, not wavering on my mission to avoid all clothes shops. I was in need of a new blending brush, well a second blending brush, the first having the glue that holds the bristles in place on the bristles. Not happy. Then I saw the concealer, and then the 2 for $10 sign. Almost $40 later I was done.

Can I just say that the BYS blusher (pink is candy floss, peach is peach sundae) is AMAZING! I'm actually quite a fan of BYS. They make great shadows and liners, bloody fantastic pencil liner that goes on so smooth, and the shadows are almost satiny. Their foundations leave much to be desired. The consistency is more of a tinted moisturiser and the coverage is very light. Handy if I'm just popping to the dairy or something, but not for going out. Maybe I'll use it when the weather turns warmer, who knows.

The ELF concealer is alright as far as I can tell. I haven't had the chance to use it much, I don't wear concealer to work as it seems like a waste when I work in a bed factory that has all kinds of fluff and dust floating around just waiting to land on my face. I'm constantly wiping my face and would wipe off every bit of concealer within 2 hours of being there. Hoping to give it a proper go this weekend. Haven't had the chance to use the facial whip, but wanting to try it out badly.

After leaving Bling I decided to pop into Glassons. Lately the selection has been rather bad, with a lot of dull, muted colours that look like they came straight from the 70s. I didn't find any clothing as per, but the boots!!!! Last pair in the store and in my size, it was meant to be!!! I love them. They are a bit tricky when driving, but very comfortable when walking. I wore them the same day I bought them and again the day after. So far they look great with skinny jeans and leggings, so I'm well chuffed with them. And they had a buy one get one free on all accessories, so I scored this awesome grey bag for nothing.

Then it was off to Cotton On, unfortunately they had nothing clothes wise that I wanted. I did ooh and aah over a pair of open toed wedge boots, but passed them by for now. I did get those lovely sandal booties for $5, and they will be a nice alternative to jandals in summer. The watch is one of my favourite purchases...I am seriously contemplating going back for more colours. Cute little charm bracelets at the register lured me in, but at $1 each I was fine with that. Couldn't decide what to get, but in the end settled for the crown and fleur de lis. Might get more of those as well.

Waffled on a bit aye? Hope you all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

AVY said...

The watch was really cute :)

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



Chichaul said...

Hello!

Your haul looks really great.
If you don't mind please share it with our fashion haul community.
www.chichaul.com

Hope to see you around there!
xoxo :)

Post a Comment