Thursday, July 21, 2011

week in photos #004





Posting this very late, but I was internetless from Monday afternoon until around 6pm last night. Was not best pleased with that, but I did catch up on some sleep, cuddled with the boy, and did lots of relaxing and de-stressing. Will probably do that this weekend as work has been hellish.

001. I actually hate my hair colour right now. I had it dip dyed from red to hot pink, and I loved it, but after two months of having it and doing touch ups to the pink every 3 weeks, 4 weeks for the red, I was over it. Plus the pink colour alone was $17, plus another $17 for the toner that I mixed with it to get the right colour, then another $15 for the red...that's just far too much money for hair colour IMO. So in a flash of "brilliance" I decided to go back to red, except the bleach ends didn't take the colour at all. It now looks like an ugly ombred style, red to orange with bits of baby pink in it. So much hate. Think I'll break down at some point and buy some manic panic off trademe, probably in red so I can have one shade. And I'm a lover of MP, used it when I lived in America and it's my favourite. Much better than the Fudge Paintbox hair stains that I used for the pink, that get every where and never fully wash out.

002. This is probably the worst photo ever, but I like it. J and I went to see Harry Potter on Saturday, and my god it was bloody EPIC! Afterwards we didn't feel like going home or to the pub, so we did our normal thing of getting in the car and picking a random destination from a map. We only chose somewhere in ChCh that we've never been to. Ended up at Spencer Park, on the beach in the pitch black. J wanted to walk around some of the paths, but made the mistake of mentioning the horror maze we went to and someone jumping out on us and that was enough for me. We did stay for a bit, and I took far too many bad shots of the moonlit ocean, but we had fun.

003. I spent $30 on that bottle of OPI shatter polish and I've probably used it 2-3 times. I wanted it so much when I first saw other bloggers posting pics of it, and when it finally came to NZ I bought it. I loved it when I got it, and proceeded to buy more off trademe in purple and dusky pink. Now I never use them. Stupid. Going to try and start, and I did find a white one at the weekend that I was literally dreaming about. I've gotten rather lazy with my nails as of late, which is a shame because I love nail art. Rocked some awesome cupcake and leopard nails before, need to do that again.

004. J and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday, and had planned on cooking a big 4 course Italian feast for ourselves, but I received my IRD refund and that plan flew out the window. Instead we went to the Running Bull, where I had the best BBQ ribs outside of the South. I've had them before, and have wanted them again. J had a t-bone, which was so tender and had just the right amount of seasoning. There was so much food, J finished his off without a problem. I, however, brought home enough ribs for J and I to have as another meal. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy and now im hungry x

ashley said...

lol! makes me hungry looking at the photos as well!

Post a Comment