Thursday, June 30, 2011

shopping haul: unichem





telescopic mascara on left eye, mascara applied at 6am on right


sorry for the crappy pictures, thursday nights are my lazy nights but i wanted to get something up since i didn't post yesterday. normally after work on a thursday i go straight home and coma, only moving when i need to shower or smoke or get a cup of tea as i have to be up at 5am and at work at 6. today, however, i had to make my way to the grocery store to buy $50 worth of salad ingredients for a spit roast work is putting on tomorrow. the only highlight on my shopping trip was a stop at unichem pharmacy and the noodle canteen for tea.

unichem are smart. they have a table outside the door with sale items to lure you in, and it works. i was lured in by the table, especially when hello kitty caught my eye. i will be 90 and still be a fan of hello kitty. it does help that the perfumes smell nice, one moreso than the other, but the wee bottles are so cute! and after being marked down from $22.99 to $3.99 i couldn't say no. they also happened to be strategically placed next to the clearance l'oreal mascara.

i'm not a huge fan of l'oreal and am very picky about mascara, but again the dramatic price drop got me. i own the feather lash mascara which i like, but it seems really wet and takes an age to dry, plus it isn't black enough for my liking. i like the blackest black possible and the feather lash just doesn't cut it. i also have the volume shocking mascara...hate it. it is horrible. the wand is too small, the mascara is too thick, all around it is crap. i've only used it a couple of times and both times it felt like i had glue on my lashes. just horrid.

i wasn't holding out much hope for the telescopic but it has surprised me. one coat made my lashes look thicker and longer and it is a very good black. i can feel it on my lashes, but i think that has more to do with putting it over 9 hour old mascara than anything else.

this is my 4th foundation brush. i have the elf one, but it is so small that i use it mainly for concealer. i also have two stipling brushes, one elf and the other some brand i bought at farmer's. i love the stipling brushes, but after watching hours upon hours of makeup videos on pixiwoo's youtube i wanted a fuller one. i'm sure i could have gotten this cheaper at k-mart or farmer's, but the thought of trolling the mall for one brush didn't excite me at all. i have yet to try it, but i'm hoping it does a good job. one thing that always irks me about brushes is the brush lines you get on your face (the main reason i don't use the elf foundation brush all over), and no amount of blending with the same brush seems to get rid of it. hoping this one leaves me with a nice flawless finish.

3 comments:

Kayy said...

I'm totally with you on the 90 & HK fans
Those bottles are pretty adorable
I still have a hello kitty wallet. (:
You're make up is pretty too(:

xoxo, Kay.

ashley said...

i love the bottles! they are too cute. will def keep them after the perfume is gone. i'm surprised you can see my makeup! this was hours after i applied it and i'm a face toucher during the day, so it's usually gone before i get off work! thanks so much!

The Cat Hag said...

Awww those Hello Kitty perfume bottles are the cutest! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Post a Comment