Monday, June 27, 2011

in my bag






i'm a sucker for "in my bag" posts on other blogs. i love seeing what people carry around with them, it's right up there with what people keep in their bathroom drawers. i'm so nosey.

two tone satchel from trademe, and I know it's a knockoff of the mulberry alexa but i'm not bothered. i justify it because I cannot, and will never be able to, afford the extortionate prices of designer items in new zealand. it's just not worth it in my opionion.

i usually carry around my life in my bag, but have added "clean out handbag" to my chores list...it gets THAT bad.

inside:
1. water bottle - i carry this 5 out of 7 days as we aren't allowed any coloured bevarages at work, but remove it on weekends as i don't want to be lugging around a bottle of water.

2. marlboro red 25s (x2) - filthy habit and i should give up, but i like to smoke. one of my vices. when i was in the states i smoked the 100s, but you can't get those here so i've settled for the 25 pack. aside from being a filthy habit, it is also VERY expensive. these babies were $17.30NZD a pop. around half the price of a carton in alabama. craziness.

3. loose items - dotti heart mirror, purple headphones, hair band, lip gloss pottle.

4. ipod - his name is seamus and he goes everywhere with me. i listen to him at work, in the car, and at home. my music tastes change constantly and i'm always adding a deleting songs. i've been fairly consistent the last few months, listening to a lot of bloc party, foals, plan b, dubstep (mt. eden and skrillex), and ellie goulding. i have a fair few apps as well, but only use a handful of them. completely addicted to angry birds and yukon solitaire, and have a relaxation app that i use at night to sleep. the dryer sound is my favourite, but i'm weird like that.

5. android phone - has no name. love this phone. i've had more phones in the last 3 years in new zealand than i ever had in the states. i just kept upgrading until i found the right one. mobile service here sucks. it's is crazy expensive and if i leave the city i'm pretty much screwed if i want to access twitter, facebook, or anything else apart from texts or calls. my favourite apps on here are all the camera apps, love picplz and little photo.

6. pens - i don't know why i have 4 pens, i never write anything down or use them even.

7. keys - two for the car (a nissan presea named priscilla), one for the garage even though i don't park in there, and one for the house.

8. lip balm - maybelline baby lips in cherry, seriously good stuff.

9. nurofen - stress headaches from work, i usually never have to take this outside of there.

10. money - $1.70 in coins. normally the boy raids my bag for loose change to go in his piggy bank, but i've managed to hold onto this. not sure when/how i got it as i never use cash, always use my eftpos card. weird.

11. passport holder/wallet - i have my passport, the boy's passport, eftpos card, drivers license, metro card (though i never take the bus anymore), ird card, social security card, alabama drivers license, a picture of my niece Prue, and random notes and loyalty cards.

12. cosmetics pouch - bought at glassons, couldn't resist the adorable print. it's a hold all for my moisturisers. i work with fabric all day and it is super drying. i have nivea hand creme for all over moisturising, sally hansen diamond cuticle and nail creme (it smells like a coconut/vanilla icing) for my nails which get really dry and peel off, lucas pawpaw ointment cause i'm always buring myself on something and i'm allergic to something at work so i slap this on if i get a bit of a rash, and (my one non-moisturiser) clarity spot treatment, that works absolute wonders.

13. 2nd cosmetics pouch - lots of lip products! l'oreal hip jelly balm in savoury, elf lippy in classy and seductive, botanics lippy in orchid, ccuk lippy in hot pink and sangaree, za gloss vibrante in g8, elf lip stain in birthday suit.

also carry around my camera (not pictured for obvious reasons) and in the mornings i have a choc ice up n go in there for brekkie. sometimes i have meusli bars or a bag of barley sugar. oh, and usually heaps of rubbish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment